formerly Queen Charlotte Islands
DEPARTURE: Edmonton 7:30 a.m., Evansburg 8:45 a.m., Edson 9:45 a.m., Hinton 10:45 a.m.
Haida Gwaii, a magical sounding name for a magical place!
Feel the history as you tour the Haida Heritage Centre, sense the tranquility as you stroll in the serene untouched forests, savour a family-style meal prepared for you by a Haida Chef. Highlights include K’san Historical Village, Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Provincial Park, the Haida Centre, Balance Rock, a picnic lunch at the beach, remains of the Golden Spruce, the historic Prince Rupert Cannery and a Farewell Dinner.
- Popular Departure Date
- 11 days | July 29th, 2019
- September 9, 2019
- Canada West
- Passport Not Required
HAIDA GWAII INFORMATION
- The area was officially renamed from Queen Charlotte Islands to Haida Gwaii in 2009. It is a roughly-shaped triangle consisting of two main islands, Moresby and Graham with hundreds of smaller islands. The Haida are believed to have lived here for 10,000 years. Presently there are approximately 5,000 residents.
- The Haida are a seafaring people well-known for their beautiful artwork and famous totem poles – one of which is now located at the Edmonton Stollery Children’s hospital.
- Haida Gwaii is at the end of the road, a wet, wild refuge that has captured nature lovers’ hearts. The
climate is mild with summer temperatures similar to those in the rest of northern and central BC.
SIGHTSEEING: Will require occasional walking on rugged and uneven terrain and travellers should
therefore be in reasonably good health.
This very special program will be limited to 30 passengers per tour due to the nature of interpretive programs on Haida Gwaii.
Included in Your Holiday
- First class transportation on an air-conditioned, washroom-equipped motorcoach
- Quality accommodation and tax
- Services of an experienced Tour Director and Driver
- Baggage handling, one average piece per person
- Admission to attractions and sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary
- Ferries as indicated
- Mount Robson
- Jasper National Park
- K’san Historical Village
- Meet and Greet
- Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Park
- Coast Islands
- Hecate Strait
- Haida Heritage Centre with a local guide
- Balance Rock
- Agate Informational Talk
- Picnic Lunch
- Misty Meadows Provincial Park
- Mile Zero
- Heillen River
- Tow Hill
- Village of Old Massett
- St Mary’s Spring
- Jungle Beach
- Naikoon Provincial Park
- Port Clements Forestry Museum
- Golden Spruce Trail
- Golden Spruce remains
- Haida Feast
- Museum of Northern British Columbia
- North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site
- Farewell Dinner
- Meals Include: 3 Continental Breakfasts, 1 Picnic Lunch, Haida Feast and Farewell Dinner
Cost per person | Prices in Canadian Dollars
Early Booking Discount
twin sharing per person.