CLOSE TO HOME TOUR SERIES
formerly Queen Charlotte Islands
DEPARTURE: Edmonton 7:30 a.m., Evansburg 8:45 a.m., Edson 9:45 a.m., Hinton 10:45 a.m.
Come along on an adventure of a lifetime!
Re-named from Queen Charlotte Islands in 2009, this group of almost 200 islands off the northwest coast of British Columbia will captivate you with its scenery, excite you with its history and calm you with its serenity.
You will be guests of the Haida people in their traditional homeland where they continue to live, their culture and way of life vibrant since time immemorial. This tour focuses not only on the Haida, but you will also learn about other Coastal nations including the Tsimshian, Gitxsan and Nisga’a peoples in our mainland explorations.
Highlights include ‘Ksan Historical Village, Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Provincial Park, the Haida Heritage Centre, Balance Rock, a picnic lunch at the beach, remains of the Golden Spruce, the North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site and a fabulous Haida Feast, served family style.
- Guaranteed Date
- 11 days | August 23, 2021
- Canada West
- Passport Not Required
HAIDA GWAII INFORMATION
- Haida Gwaii is at the end of the road, a wet, wild refuge that has captured nature lovers’ hearts. Often called the Canadian Galapagos due to the flora and fauna only found in this Pacific archipelago, the climate is mild with summer temperatures similar to those in the rest of northern and central BC.
- The Haida are a seafaring people well-known for their beautiful artwork and famous totem poles – one of which is now located at the Edmonton Stollery Children’s hospital.
SIGHTSEEING: Will require occasional walking on rugged and uneven terrain and travellers should therefore be in reasonably good health.
This very special program will be limited to 30 passengers per tour due to the nature of interpretive programs on Haida Gwaii.
Included in Your Holiday
- First class transportation on an air-conditioned, washroom-equipped motorcoach
- Quality accommodation and tax
- Services of an experienced Tour Director and Driver
- Baggage handling, one average piece per person
- Travel Bag
- Admission to attractions and sightseeing as outlined in the itinerary
- Ferries as indicated
- Mount Robson
- Jasper National Park
- K’san Historical Village
- Meet and Greet
- Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Park
- Coast Islands
- Hecate Strait
- Agate Informational Talk
- Misty Meadows Provincial Park
- Haida Heritage Centre with a local guide
- Balance Rock
- Mile Zero
- Naikoon Provincial Park
- Heillen River
- Tow Hill
- Village of Old Massett
- Haida Feast
- St. Mary’s Spring
- Jungle Beach
- Port Clements Forestry Museum
- Golden Spruce Trail
- Golden Spruce remains
- Museum of Northern British Columbia
- North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site
- Farewell Dinner
- Meals Include: 4 Continental Breakfasts, 1 Picnic Lunch, Haida Feast and Farewell Dinner
Cost per person | Prices in Canadian Dollars
Early Booking Discount
twin sharing per person.